Work with Us
Paid Staff Opening: Program Assistant (Hourly Position)
Click here to download the Job Description (also listed below)
The primary job duty of the Program Assistant (PA) is to provide comprehensive support to the program team for our programs focused on Japanese participants. The Assistant may be involved with the marketing and recruitment to program participants, sorting and evaluating applications, communication with participants and partners, coordination of program related logistics including travel and lodging, development of logistical materials, and overall support activities related to program delivery. Additionally, supporting ad-hoc events that are targeted for international audiences.
Note: Applicants without fluent or native Japanese speaking, reading, and writing will not be considered.
This position is ideal for someone with one or more years of administration support experience in a professional setting and who desires to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, entrepreneurial, and global organization that values personal relationships as the foundation for creating social change in the world. This hourly position is also ideal for a native Japanese speaker who is perhaps a recent graduate and is looking for an OPT (Optional Practical Training) opportunity in the US to gain more professional experience.
Primary Job Duties
1. Support all functions of iLEAP’s Japan focused programs.
Primary Job Duties and Time Allocation
- 1. Programs 100%
- 2. Development & Communications 0%
- 3. Operations 0%
- Support the marketing, recruitment, and admissions process for iLEAP’s Japan focused programs;
- General communication with Japanese audiences and constituencies;
- Support in the process of program outcome and assessment, collecting data from graduates from Japan.
- Capacity for self-awareness;
- Alignment with iLEAP vision and mission;
- Skilled at working in teams and independently;
- Resourceful and solution-oriented;
- Creative problem-solver
- Flexible, patient and compassionate;
- Skilled at prioritization and time management;
- Clear, effective and efficient communicator;
- Takes pride in seeing a project through to the end and well before deadline;
- High standards of excellence.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a successful program support staff, including, at least 6 months of cross-cultural and/or international work experience or equivalent living outside of home country;
- English language fluency (speaking and listening), advanced (writing);
- Japanese language fluency (speaking, listening, writing).
- Office 365
- Google Drive/Box
- Google Docs/Word
- Google Sheets/Excel
- Asana/Workflow platform
- Reports to: Programs Staff
- Compensation: $15.00-16.50 per hour, DOE
- Hours: part-time, 5 to 30 hours per week with seasonal times that are more busy than others; some evenings and weekends.
- Benefits: health insurance allowance, paid personal leave, flexible work schedule, strong work culture of personal and professional growth
- How to apply: https://ileap.formstack.com/forms/program_assistant
- Position is open until filled.
There are a number of ways that you can volunteer your time and share your skills with iLEAP. Please email info@iLEAP.org with your questions.
- Event Support: venue set up & take down, greeting attendees, overall event preparations
- Program Support: helping to provide “behind the scenes” support for specific training activities
- Operations Support: general space maintenance and assistance–we have a large and beautiful office space, so we’re always looking for help in taking care of it!