Social Innovation in Seattle Admissions
dates for 2013 SIIS programs | should I apply? | application process | program costs and fees
If you are based in Japan or are a Japanese citizen interested in the program, please visit our program website in Japanese.
For all questions related to SIIS, please email siis@iLEAP.org
Dates for 2013 SIIS Programs
For 4 week course:
- March 4, 2013 to March 29, 2013
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2013
- August 5, 2013 to August 30, 2013
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2013
Should I Apply?
The Social Innovation in Seattle program is ideal for anyone interested in developing a solid understanding of how businesses and organizations are shifting their practices toward more social and ecological concerns. It is also an ideal program for someone who is interested in having a clearer sense of their interest and vocation. A strong applicant for this program is someone who is:
- Over the age of 18;
- Demonstrably adaptive and open to new and challenging experiences;
- Conversant in the English language,
- IMPORTANT: if you are not currently living in the United States, you must be coming from a country currently approved under the United States Department of State Visa Waiver Program
Step One: Online Application Form
There is an online application form that you will need to complete to apply for the program. It includes 2 essay questions. You can find the form here.
Step Two: Screening
After the candidate submits her/his full application, it will be carefully reviewed by an Admissions Committee, comprised of iLEAP staff and iLEAP Board members.
Step Three: Housing
If accepted, iLEAP will then work with you to secure short-term housing during your time in Seattle. We typically work with ABODE Homestays, Inc. to coordinate homestays. If you already live in Seattle or are able to arrange for your own accommodations, that is fine as well.
Program Costs and Fees
- Program Fees:
- $2,850 for international participants
- $2,500 for participants already living in Seattle
- Program Fee covers costs of seminars, site visits, internship site placements, as well as special events, and in-country transporation for international participants.
- Program Fee does not include: airfare, travelers insurance, immigration/visa fees, or room and board. For Seattle-based participants, in-country transportation is not included.
- iLEAP works with ABODE Homestays, Inc. for all homestay placements
- Scholarships available