Global Leadership 101
Uncover your true purpose. Develop your leadership skills. Forge lasting connections across the globe.
GLA 101 is a course of study for global-minded young adults that is designed to build you up and equip you with the tools you need to address the challenges of the 21st century. Learn the key principles of transformational leadership while uncovering your core values and true purpose. All of this and more is covered in the GLA 101 course.
Approx. 12 Hours to Complete
Up to 25, working in groups of 8 or less
Flexible, dynamic, online learning for the needs of now
Discover authentic leadership with easy to access virtual modules. Explore at your own pace, learning wherever and whenever you want. Our unique online learning software gives you total control.
You’re learning online, but you won’t be learning alone. Connect with classmates during weekly virtual lessons. Forge friendships with young adults just like you, located all around the globe.
You’ll benefit from our two decades of expertise in global leadership development courses. For these times when we can’t meet in person, virtual learning offers a nearly identical learning experience. You’ll be taught the same proven framework through the same engaging methods and have access to the same outstanding community. Virtual leadership courses with iLEAP will provide meaningful experiences that have the power to change your life.
All English levels welcome here
You won’t be left behind if your English skills are less than perfect. All instruction is available in your native tongue as well as English. Plus, GLA has teamed up with Western Washington University to help you master the English skills that will set you apart from the crowd.
Global perspective with personalized attention
iLEAP is not like other global leadership programs. Our small groups make sure you won’t get lost in the crowd. Our instructors get to know you and are dedicated to your success. We understand the challenges non-native English speakers face when taking an English language course and have developed the resources needed to help you. You’ll get focused individual attention when you need it.
Pursue a life of purpose and advance social good
The world is facing extreme challenges that need leaders like you to solve them. Our Global Leadership 101 course will equip you with the skills you need. And inspire others to join you.
Global Leadership 101 Topic Overview:
- Personal Leadership: Dive deep to discover your inner leader and authentic leadership style
- Core Values: Understand how your values color your view of the world. And how you can use these to find your purpose.
- Leadership Styles: Understand the many ways to be a leader
- Learning for transformation: Learn skills to increase your agility and adaptability leading to the transformation of yourself and others.
- Reflective Practice: Increase your self-awareness and achieve a greater sense of accomplishment through reflection.
- Human Systems: Empower yourself and others through an understanding of relationships.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Develop a global mindset while discovering the UN’s goals for a sustainable Earth.
Why Learn with iLEAP and Western Washington University?
- Outstanding Faculty from Around the World
- Designed for Non-Native English Speakers
- Global Community for Collaboration and Networking
- Real-World skills to help achieve your future goals
- Certificate from an American University
- Personalized Attention
Course Length: 3 weeks
GLA 101 is led by all iLEAP GLA faculty
Each GLA course is created in collaboration with experts and professionals from around the world. Our faculty have years of experience teaching and working across cultures and, most importantly, know how to nurture and facilitate learning within each individual participant.
Britt Yamamoto, PhD, MSc
Credentials: Clinical Associate Professor, University of Washington; CEO & Co-Founder, Perennial; President & Founder, iLEAP
Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
Britt’s Perspective: “GLA 101 distills iLEAP’s two decades of life-changing leadership training expertise into a short-course that anyone, anywhere in the world, can enjoy. It is the realization of our long-standing hope to offer our transformational curriculum to more people and, during the particularly challenging times, we are excited for the GLA to be a positive force in creating a better future for all.”
Get downloadable course documents.
(Last revised 10/14/20)