The iLEAP Global Leadership Academy (GLA) nurtures leadership in young people and equips them with the personal and professional tools for transformation needed to address the challenges of the 21st century.
The GLA builds on iLEAP’s two decades of expertise in global leadership development and was created to meet a collective moment where the world is being dramatically re-shaped by a global pandemic, climate disruption, and social movements. We have designed the GLA to connect the iLEAP approach to leadership to as many young people as possible, all around the world, during these times of limited mobility.
It is clear that young people need to attend to both local needs and maintain a global awareness of complex challenges. And, in order to tackle these challenges, developing leaders need a wide-ranging, and in many cases new, set of skills. Perhaps most of all, people of all ages need to lead from a place of greater self-awareness and empathy, need to build new skills for engaged listening and discernment — both online and in person.
Duration: Weekends, over 3 Weeks
The GLA was created to grow young leaders who can build strategic and transformational partnerships in this new world on a foundation of awareness, empathy, and connection.
GLA Core Leadership Tools
- Global Mindset
Our Core Values
- Connection for transformation
- Create space for all to feel seen and heard
- Learning is discovery
- Your story is the story
- We are all leaders
We have designed the GLA as a digital offering to connect the iLEAP approach to leadership to as many young people as possible, all around the world, during these times of limited mobility.
Why Join GLA?
The GLA is PERSONAL
- Discover Yourself through guided reflections that uncover what makes you who you are
- Discover Your Values through exercises that clarify what matters most to you
- Receive Personalized One-on-One Guidance from GLA faculty
- Learn in Small Groups with your peers.
The GLA is PROFESSIONAL
- Discover Your Leadership through the time-tested iLEAP model of global leadership
- Clarify Your Career Path and better understand your strengths and weaknesses
- Gain Skills in collaboration, project design, development & implementation, and effective communications
- Learn from Professionals through directed exercises
- Graduate with a Certificate from Western Washington University. As of July 2020, this is offered in conjunction with successful completion of the English for Transformational Leadership course.
The GLA is ACCESSIBLE
- Learning is “Whole-Person” and Community-Based—not simply listening to lectures nor writing papers, participants co-create learning in community.
- Language is not a Barrier as GLA is offered in both English-hybrid and English-only sessions
- Tuition is Affordable, only $495 to participate in GL101
- A Flexible Schedule that is designed to fit into any busy weekday schedule with both synchronous & asynchronous learning